Thread poster: Nicholas Ferreira

Nicholas Ferreira  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:04
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 14, 2012

Hi colleagues,

I am running into an issue where the TM attributes I have saved in Wordfast settings disappear when I select a different TM. Well, Attribute 1 stays (my initials and name), but attributes 2 and 3 disappear completely and I have to re-enter them every time I switch memories (which is a pain, since attribute 2 is a list of subject names that take about 5 minutes to retype each time).

Where are the TM attributes stored? In the wordfast.ini file? I had thought that initially, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

Does this happen in later versions as well? Is there any way I can avoid this happening?

Thank you,
Nicholas

Canada
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Will try PB setting Dec 14, 2012

I actually just went into Pandora's Box and saw a setting SaveAttributes=Ini.

Will give that a try and see if it does what I want.

Canada
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you PB! Dec 14, 2012

Nicholas Ferreira wrote:

I actually just went into Pandora's Box and saw a setting SaveAttributes=Ini.

Will give that a try and see if it does what I want.

Yes, it worked, thank goodness for Pandora's Box! You just never know what goodies you'll find in thereicon_smile.gif

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:04
Finnish to French
Saving attribute in .ini is now default Dec 15, 2012

Nicholas Ferreira wrote:
Yes, it worked, thank goodness for Pandora's Box! You just never know what goodies you'll find in thereicon_smile.gif

Actually, if you were using the current version (6.03t), attributes would be saved in the active .ini file, rather than in the active TM. This requires some changes to your working habits if you maintain several .ini files (for instance, one for each client, or for each language direction you work in etc.).

Canada
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'm happy where I am Dec 16, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Actually, if you were using the current version (6.03t),

Yes, but there's a few great features in 5.61 that I can't do without. Thanks for mentioning that though!

Finnish to French
No AC and MT in 5.61 Dec 17, 2012

Nicholas Ferreira wrote:
Yes, but there's a few great features in 5.61 that I can't do without.

OK, it means not being able to use autocomplete and machine translation, but it's your call, of course.

Canada
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I see Dec 17, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:
OK, it means not being able to use autocomplete and machine translation, but it's your call, of course.

Yes, the AC is something I miss, but placeables work fine. And I like MT better in my version...

Finnish to French
MT in 5.61? Dec 18, 2012

Nicholas Ferreira wrote:
And I like MT better in my version...

I'd be most interested to hear in what way MT works better in 5.61k than in 6.03t...

Canada
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Same problem: when I merge two TMs Mar 18, 2013

OK, so working with 5.61k, I've pinpointed the lost attributes to the moment when I merge two TMs together and then delete the redundant entries. As soon as I do that, poof, the TM Attributes are reset. It's wierd and unexplainable as far as I can tell, and it's not a big concern for me either, but if anyone knows a workaround, let me knowicon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM Attributes disappear when selecting new TM in WFC 5.61k

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search