TMX opens new e-mail
Thread poster: Odette Grille

Odette Grille  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:33
English to French
+ ...
Jan 5, 2013

Hello again,

I tried to open a TMX file, which wordfast did not recognize, by clicking on it and it opened a new e-mail with the TMX as an attachment. Strange.
Has anybody encountered this problem before ?
Thanks


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:33
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Obviously not a Wordfast problem Jan 5, 2013

I tried to open a TMX file...


Hi Odette,

Could you be more specific, please, and describe how exactly did you try to open the file?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:33
Finnish to French
Procedure for opening TMX in Wordfast Pro Jan 5, 2013

Odette Grille wrote:
I tried to open a TMX file, which wordfast did not recognize, by clicking on it and it opened a new e-mail with the TMX as an attachment. Strange.

The procedure for opening a TMX memory in Wordfast Pro is described here:

http://wordfast.net/wiki/Exchanging_TMs_with_Non-Wordfast_Users

Is it what you did?

Also see:

http://wordfast.net/wiki/Not_able_to...#Open_TMX_Translation_Memory


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Odette Grille  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:33
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How Jan 5, 2013

Natalie wrote:

I tried to open a TMX file...


Hi Odette,

Could you be more specific, please, and describe how exactly did you try to open the file?



I first tried to open it through Wordfast TM function but Wordfast gave me an error message

I then tried to open it by itself, just by clicking on it and that is when the e-mail opened.

Now I understand from Dominique's answer that I might have used the wrong combination Fr-Fr instead of Fr-Ca, since Wordfast TM pop-up always gives Fr-Fr first and I sometimes forget to check.

Thank you for your help

Have a great day


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Odette Grille  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:33
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Stupid me Jan 5, 2013

[quote]Dominique Pivard wrote:

Thank you Dominique. I understand where I went wrong now.

But I am still puzzled by the e-mail opening when I click (left OR right) on the TMX ...

[Edited at 2013-01-05 17:39 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 19:33
English to Czech
+ ...
Possible answer? Jan 5, 2013

Odette Grille wrote:

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Thank you Dominique. I understand where I went wrong now.

But I am still puzzled by the e-mail opening when I click (left OR right) on the TMX ...


Hello Odette,
it seems that the TMX file extension is associated with your e-mail client software. You can check that under your OS settings, e.g. under Win7 it's in "Control Panels > Default Programs".


Direct link Reply with quote
 
FarkasAndras
Local time: 19:33
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Email client Jan 5, 2013

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Odette Grille wrote:

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Thank you Dominique. I understand where I went wrong now.

But I am still puzzled by the e-mail opening when I click (left OR right) on the TMX ...


Hello Odette,
it seems that the TMX file extension is associated with your e-mail client software. You can check that under your OS settings, e.g. under Win7 it's in "Control Panels > Default Programs".


That must be the case. The most likely explanation is that the OP (or someone else using the same computer) double clicked on a TMX file at some point previously, and when Windows threw up the good old "I don't know what this file is, what programme do you want to open it with" window, the OP picked the email client.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Odette Grille  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 13:33
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 6, 2013

Hello again,

Thank you Stanislav and Farkas, even though I did not find Default programs in my control panel (Windows XP), I believe you are right.

Have a great Sunday


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TMX opens new e-mail

Advanced search


Translation news related to Wordfast





CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search