https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/24067-wordfast_beginning_user_having_difficulties.html

Wordfast - beginning user having difficulties
Thread poster: Isabel67
Isabel67
Isabel67  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:59
German to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 23, 2004

I am trying the wordfast for the first time and I have difficulties in automatic translation. Sometimes I can, others I have to type everything, because target field is empty. Can somebody help me?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-08-23 15:47]

Dinny
Dinny  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 04:59
Italian to Danish
+ ...
Translation memory? Aug 23, 2004

Hi,
I think you must have a translation memory for the autotranslate to work, otherwise there will be no references to be found. And the translation memory is for you to create. Wordfast is only helping you NOT to have to translate the same sentence twice, once it's done, it's in the memory and will pop up next time you need it.

good luck!
Dinny

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:59
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
I'm moving this thread Aug 23, 2004

into the Wordfast Support forum.

Magda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast - beginning user having difficulties

Translation news related to Wordfast

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »