WC 6.03t TM
Thread poster: xxxMonicaVFreit

Local time: 00:05
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 9, 2013

I'm new at this so maybe there's an easy way and I just don't know it.

My TM has"garbage" in it where the source text is, stuff like &t# and some Xs I want to get rid of. How do I clean it up? I'm afraid to do anything and corrupt it or delete it.

Another question is, although I have no idea where the &t# came from I do know the xs came from a survey I was working on, how do I do it so that I can complete a segment but not save and X to the TM for example?

Thanks for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:05
Finnish to French
About "garbage" in the TM Jan 9, 2013

Consider the following segment:

if you view it in Wordfast's data editor, you will see this:

believe it or not, but &fA; is not garbage.

B D Finch  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:05
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Editing your TM Jan 9, 2013

Go into WF Setup. Go to the TM tab and choose "Edit" then "Tools" and "Remove all tags". Then, still in "Tools" use the "Find/Replace" to get rid of the x's or replace them with wildcards or whatever you want. Remember to sort your TM after editing.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WC 6.03t TM

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

• All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search