Wordfast PlusTools: I can not create a TM...
Thread poster: nicomigo
nicomigo
Germany
Jan 30, 2013

Good day,

I have an issue with the PlusTools from Wordfast: I was able to install them properly, it works and I can even align two files. Once aligned, the issue is that I can't export the TM, which is very frustrating. In my company, the only person who can do it is working on Windows XP. Everybody else working here on Windows 7 just can't export their TM...

The error message that we get, once we click on "Create TM" is "The document with the aligned table should be open, and only in this document." But we do NOT have any other document opened... this is really weird and a pity, since this tool is quite quick/useful.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot in Advance!

Best regards,
Nicolas

PS: I just reproduced the same problem at home, also with Windows 7...

[Edited at 2013-01-30 18:36 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:56
Finnish to French
PlusTools compatibility + alternative aligners Jan 31, 2013

nicomigo wrote:
I have an issue with the PlusTools from Wordfast: I was able to install them properly, it works and I can even align two files. Once aligned, the issue is that I can't export the TM, which is very frustrating. In my company, the only person who can do it is working on Windows XP. Everybody else working here on Windows 7 just can't export their TM...

Windows 7 vs. XP shouldn't matter to PlusTools. What does matter is the Word version. As stated on the download page: "PC/Windows with Word 97/2000/2002/2003 only."

I personally don't use PlusTools for alignment, so I can only refer to this article: http://www.wordfast.net/?kb=139-27

The development of PlusTools stopped years ago. Their are several good and actively developed aligners out there, for instance the Wordfast Online Aligner included in Wordfast Anywhere and LF-Aligner, both of which are free. Have you tried them?

nicomigo
Germany
TOPIC STARTER
Version... Jan 31, 2013

Hi,

we had actually an outdated version of the PlusTools at my company... I redownloaded the file from the official website and fiiit problem solved... Our admin forgot to download the latest version... I trusted this guy too much!

Thank you for your comment anyway!

And for those with the same issue... download the latest version!

Best regards,
Nicolas

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast PlusTools: I can not create a TM...

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search