Thread poster: Sam Abramov

Sam Abramov
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:03
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 4, 2013

So, the situation is the following:
I have recently tried working with wordfast anywhere (it has its pros, it has its cons obviously), so I imported my trados tm into it, after a week or so of work I decided to switch back to word+trados 2007 combination, so I exported my wfa tm back.
I noticed a couple of things - wfa tm is like 10 times smaller in size (2 mb against 16+ mb of trados; both files are .tmx files) and out of nowhere wfa tm got 5000 extra entries (i positive they were not made by me - I certainly did not have that much occupation that week). Besides, I noticed every now and then that wfa tm introduce matches that are clearly not from private tm (mine) but rather are machinely made.

Can anyone comment on TM's size difference and the extra TUs?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A question about Wordfast TM

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search