Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:25
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Mar 8, 2013

G'day everyone

Is there a function or shortcut in WFP that will automatically update all identical subsequent segments with the translation of the current segment? I mean, if I have a file with several identical segments, and I translate or edit the first one, I want all subsequent identical segments to automatically (and instantaneously) be updated to reflect the translation in the current cell. Is that possible in WFP? How?

Samuel

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
--- Mar 8, 2013

Edit > Preference > Auto-propagation > Enable auto-propagation > tick the kinds of segments you would like to update.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 8, 2013

Natalie wrote:
Edit > Preference > Auto-propagation > Enable auto-propagation...

Thanks, Natalie

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
In case you confirm a segment Mar 8, 2013

the rest of the segments will be filled in or changed in accordance with the options chosen.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:25
Finnish to French
Wiki Mar 9, 2013

Do have a look at the Wordfast wiki. The Wordfast Pro section has a lot of good stuff (eg. videos) made by Yasmin. Autopropagation is covered there:

http://www.wordfast.net/wiki/Auto-Propagation_in_WFP

You can also subscribe to the Wordfast channel on YouTube to be informed when new videos are being posted.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can WFP autopropagate?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search