Placeables in Wordfast Pro
Thread poster: marek tesina

marek tesina  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 05:26
English to Czech
+ ...
Mar 16, 2013

Hello dear colleagues, I have a question regarding placeables in WF Pro. I cannot find a way how to lock them so I don't have to wory about them when deleting text in the target field. What I want is to have the cursor stop at the placeable without it being deleted. And while asking this question I will add another one regarding placeables. Is there any way how to skip it by one click of an arrow like you can in TagEditor. What I mean is that in WF you have to go through the whole placeable (about 4 clicks on the arrow). It is quite annoying, but I believe it is error on my part, there must be some way how to fix this. Thank for you inputs. Marek

Yetta J Bogarde  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2012)
English to Danish
+ ...
I have problems with copying placeables, too Mar 16, 2013

I get the first placeable in a segment by clicking the arrow on top, but the following I insert by copy-paste. There must be a better way, but I haven't found it.

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
placeables Mar 16, 2013

Well I don't have problems in inserting them into the text, when there are any placeables I just insert the whole source text into the target and work with that. What I have problem with is I have to watch it and be careful not to delete any of them. So I want to lock them as you can in TagEditor.

Run a QA before delivering Mar 18, 2013

I know in older version of WF Pro you didn't have to worry about TAGs. Now they're treated almost as text (you can change their number by typing, you can delete them just as if they were words).

However don't be too worried about forgetting them. Run a QA (F9) before delivering and WFPro will check for you if you skipped some or used too many.
You can also choose to opt for ACTIVE TRANSCHECK if you wish that such alert appears whenever you confirm a segment.

Personally, Id' rather do a final QA and to focus on words only during the first draft.

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Placeables Mar 19, 2013

Yeah, that is true, I always do a QA, therefore my problem is not too many or too few of placeables. I just don't want to delete them is all. I want cursor to stop when reaching it. My rule is never to mess with them, that is only inviting a problems. I am working with a lot of documents that have very specific formating, so the placeables (tags) are there for some specific reason. So again, is there a way how to make cursor stop at the placeable instead of deleting it?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Placeables in Wordfast Pro

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search