Thread poster: Selcuk Akyuz

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 20:56
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Mar 22, 2013

I asked this first at http://www.proz.com/forum/heartsome_support/241777-context_matches_in_heartsome_8_ultimate.html#2112679

But I think it is better to ask the details here

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:
Does Wordfast Pro support context matches? Searched the online help but could not find anything related. Remote gold matches?

Yes, I believe context matches in Wordfast Pro are called "golden". You can see a line for them in the analysis report:

2013-03-22_1715.png

However, you cannot extract such matches from your TM's with the standard Wordfast Pro client. You need a custom client that is not publicly available.

Wordfast Pro Online Help was not clear for me.

http://www.wordfast.com/WFP2/Managing_projects/Defining_penalties.htm

Penalties are defined to maintain high quality of the content leveraged from translation memory. A value is assigned to each of the penalties, which are taken into account to calculate the translation score. This score is used to differentiate between golden or 100 %, fuzzy and no match.

golden = 100% ??

Then I searched the archives at Yahoo Group

Quoting from http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/WF_PRO/message/226

--- In WF_PRO@yahoogroups.com, "hlindsay_wf" wrote:
I am not sure exactly what you are looking for but I will give it a
shot. Let me know if I am going in the wrong direction. Golden is
the same as a 100% match if No Attribute Penalties are designated.
You can set attribute penalties so then a segment can be 100% but not
a Golden match. Example: The segment is 100% match but a attribute
such as user (in TM) doesn't match therefore it will not be a golden
match.

It is confusing, a Golden match is always a 100% match but not vice versa.

- Are Golden and 100% matches represented by different colours?
- What is the difference between a Remote gold(en) match and Local gold(en) match?
- If a Golden match is a 101% (guaranteed/perfect/in-context/ice) match, are the preceding/following segments taken into consideration?

Selcuk

[Edited at 2013-03-22 17:14 GMT]

Golden are 100% from an existing TM Mar 22, 2013

... while 100% matches are referred as "within the same document, regardless of the TM"

see:
http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/220114-what_are_gold_words.html#1908802

As for colors, I don't recall seeing them with different colors: bright green for 100% matches from a local TM, light green for 100% matches from a remote TM.

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 20:56
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
All those fancy names Mar 22, 2013

Thanks for the clarification Girino.

So gold (or golden) match is just another fancy name (called exact matches in DVX). Many agencies do not pay for them.

100% repetitions (not matches) are segments without any translation in the TM, you translate the first and rest are propagated.

There is no 101%, guaranteed, perfect, in-context or ice match in WFP. What a surprise for me - a CAT tool without this feature in 2013!

And remote gold(en) matches come from a server TM possibly. But a golden match (remote or local) without context is just another fuzzy match for me.

Correct and correct Mar 26, 2013

You got it straight!

And as far as how much agencies pay for 100% and golden, yes they don't pay although the translation found in the TM doesn't always fit in your actual text.
And no, there is no such thing as 101% matches in WF Pro.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Context matches in Wordfast Pro

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search