Thread poster: Leopoldo Gurman

Leopoldo Gurman
United States
Local time: 02:43
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Apr 14, 2013

Hi Colleagues,

I hope someone can give me a hand with this.
While testing WFP for editing some ttx files, I came across differences when exporting the HTML.

Problems:
1. "df" tags dissapear altogether (this affects bold attibutes, for example);
2. special entities are transformed into their corresponding characters (but the source code has a mix of, i.e., quotation marks and entities for quotation marks, so I cannot do a find/replace to solve this problem).
3. there are encoding problems with the accents.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Leo

PS: I've been trying for over 10 minutes to display the source text correctly here, I've tested the BBcode tags [code] and [pre] but to no avail.

Ricardo Falconi  Identity Verified
Ecuador
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same happened to me May 25, 2013

Same happened to me, and that caused me issues with the Translation Agency I worked for, honestly the tool seems to have great features like for example a real time TM match, which Trados does not have, however at the time of exporing the TM I had the exact missing bold text in the target html files, I don't know how to overcome that problem sorry

Leopoldo Gurman
United States
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Will check on this further May 25, 2013

Hi Ricardo,
Thanks for sharing your experience too. Hopefully, this will be solved by the guys at Wordfast. I suppose we'll have to get under the hood to do it ourselves.
The particular project I was trying to make this work for is over now, but I'm still intrigued.
I'll let you know if I come up with a solution.
Best,

Leo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Entities and missing tags in html from ttx

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search