WFP 3.1.5 really bad does anyone still have the 3.1.3 installer?
Thread poster: Alex Lago

Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:39
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 19, 2013

Changed from WFP 3.1.3 to 3.1.5

Not happy at all with the change, major "fu.." up as far as I am concerned, this updated has (at least for me) made the program very slow and extremely annoying to work with:

Whenever I click on a segment I want to go to directly (that is not adjacent to the current segment) the program freezes and takes about 30 seconds to start working again.

Same thing happens when I do a Find, this happens each time a look for a word and make a change in the segment, I then have to wait ages while the program is frozen before it moves to the next "find".

TMs no longer connect automatically so even reopening a project means I have to go to the TM window and click on "Apply" for the TMs to connect.

I can't open a txml file from outside WFP get a message saying "Can't create Virtual Java machine", I have to always open from inside WFP.

Etc, etc, etc

Would like to go back to version 3.1.3 but I can't find the installer on my PC would anybody happen to have the installer for 3.1.3?

Just noticed I can download 3.1.3 at the Wordfast website

[Edited at 2013-04-19 09:24 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

John Daniel
Local time: 16:39
Memory Preference Apr 19, 2013

Did you check if your memory preferences are set to max in WFP? You can find it in Edit > Preferences > Memory Preferences.

Spain
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes memory at Max Apr 20, 2013

Yes my memory settings are at maximum

John Daniel
Check wordfast.ini files Apr 22, 2013

If you are using Windows 7 and above check Wordfast.ini files which are present in 2 places

1) $HOME\Program files\Wordfast/Wordfast.ini
2) $HOME\.eclipse\org.gs4tr.editor.brand.tdc.product.temp_\Wordfast.ini

you will see this
@user.home\.wf_workspace
-vmargs
-Xms64m
-Xmx256m

-Xmx256m should be changed to -Xmx1470m

Change this in both places if needed. Hope this helps and resolves the sluggishness in WFP

Spain
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still no good Apr 22, 2013

jsingaram wrote:
-Xmx256m should be changed to -Xmx1470m

Thanks for the suggestion unfortunately I had already given the program max memory, that did not solve the problems

John Daniel
Try this Apr 25, 2013

Go to Edit > Preferences > Translation Memory > Un-check Perform TM Lookup automatically

Go to Edit > Preferences > Terminology > Un-check Highlight terms in Editor with Box

Let me know if this works.

Spain
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Using 3.1.3 Apr 26, 2013

jsingaram wrote:

Let me know if this works.

Thanks but I went back to 3.1.3 and don't intend to use 3.1.5 I will wait until the next update

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFP 3.1.5 really bad does anyone still have the 3.1.3 installer?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search