importing bilingual texts into TM? (WFC 6.03t)
Thread poster: Lotte Nouwkens

Lotte Nouwkens
Local time: 03:32
Czech to Flemish
+ ...
May 8, 2013

Is it possible to somehow automatically import bilingual texts (previous translations, made without the use of CAT-tools) into a TM (Wordfast Classic)? I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

Roger Chadel  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:32
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Use PlusTools or WF Anywhere Aligner May 8, 2013

WFC has no aligner. But you can use PlusTools, a free utility published by Wordfast (check on the download page in www.wordfast.net) or Wordfast Anywhere Aligner (www.freetm.com), after creating a free account.

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:32
Use WFA autoaligner May 8, 2013

Hi Lotte,

You can actually watch this video on our YouTube channel for step-by-step instructions on how to use the free WFA autoaligner to create a new TM from previous translations -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y53DS5xWqQg

Hope this helps,

Kristyna

Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
Italy
Spanish to French
+ ...
Youalign May 8, 2013

Hi,
Plus Tools is great. You can also use Youalign if your doc is less than 1Mb. The tool is free and online. Here: http://youalign.com/
You have to create an account and you have a maximum of uses per day...but if you have multiple mail accounts, you can just change the web addressicon_smile.gif

Here's what they say: YouAlign is powered by the AlignFactory engine, which supports all kinds of formats, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, PDF, HTML, XML, Corel WordPerfect, RTF, Lotus WordPro and plain text.

Hope it helps!
Christophe

Lotte Nouwkens
Czech to Flemish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
importing TMX or txt into existing TM in WFC? May 10, 2013

Hi,
Thank you all for your tips!
Both Plus Tools and WFA Aligner seem to work fine and I'm able to create TMs from old translations, but now I don't know how to import those TMs into my existing TM in WFC. Is that possible at all? The manual doesn't help me here, nor have I found the answer anywhere else. Thank you!

Roger Chadel  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:32
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Merging TMs May 13, 2013

Just click on Data Editor (2nd icon from right to left), make sure you are on TM tab, select Tools, then Merge current TM with other TMs (TXT or TMX). This applies to 6.03t, the path can be different on previous versions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

importing bilingual texts into TM? (WFC 6.03t)

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search