Upload file to WF anywhere from URL link (iPad)
Thread poster: Ben Kohn

Ben Kohn  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
May 10, 2013

Hello,

Has anyone tried/succeeded in uploading a file for translation to Wordfast Anywhere by a URL link?

This option is given on WF Anywhere in order to enable functionality on an iPad, something I was looking forward to (not having to carry my laptop around with me when travelling) - however I have not been able to do it yet. I've tried uploading from links created by cloud storage resources like Dropbox, CloudOn and MediaFire but it doesn't work. I am not sure how else to create a link, would I need to create a page of my own?

The only way I've been able to successfully use Anywhere on the iPad so far is by copying and pasting a word document into the work area.

Anyone got any tips?

Thanks
Ben

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:27
Link to the file May 10, 2013

Hi Ben,

Can you send me the URL to the file you are trying to open privately?

Thanks,

Kristyna

Srini Venkataraman
United States
Local time: 16:27
Member (2012)
Tamil to English
+ ...
WFA- extra convenience May 11, 2013

While at home I upload the doc to WFA. Then wherever I go, once I get access to a computer, I can login at freetm.com and start processing, so once done I proofread download and send it to the agency.
Alternately If I stay at home for long times ( may days), I work on WFP3.1.5 and finish the job.

Ben Kohn  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Away from home May 13, 2013

Thanks for the tip Srini, however I'll be using WFA on the iPad when travelling away from home for many weeks at a time (without my laptop - that's why I bought the iPad), so will not be able to upload on my computer.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Upload file to WF anywhere from URL link (iPad)

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search