Thread poster: M. F. Pignataro

M. F. Pignataro  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 08:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 13, 2013

Dear colleagues,
I have a bilingual Word file for revision.
My client wants me to deliver a bilingual Word file with track of changes.
Now, it is somewhat uncomfortable to review a bilingual file without opening the segments, and I cannot open the segments in the review mode...
I thought about doing this with the bilingual revision feature of Wf Pro, but I cannot upload/open the bilingual word file in Wf Pro.
Any ideas? (With Wf Pro, or other, though I do not have a license for any other translation tool...)
Thanks a lot!
Fernanda.

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:27
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
WFC May 13, 2013

You can download Wordfast Classic, install it under Word and do the editing in Word. But I'm not sure if it supports tracking changes.

Try to reverse the order May 15, 2013

María Fernanda Pignataro wrote:
I cannot open the segments in the review mode...

I just tried it in Word 2011 and it works, but I first opened the segments (clicking on the Paragraph icon) and then enabled the Review mode.

You will see the revisions even when switching back to target only (by clicking again on the Paragraph icon).

Liny  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:27
English to French
+ ...
TXML format Jun 13, 2013

As far as I know, if you want to do that using the Bilingual review feature of WFPro, you need a TXML file. You won't be able to export non-txml files in RTF to review them.

Regards
Liny

M. F. Pignataro  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 08:27
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Issue resolved directly by new version of Wf Pro Jul 8, 2013

Hi again.
Thanks to all my colleagues for the responses.
Finally, I reviewed that project in particular directly in the segmented bilingual Word, without opening the segments with track of changes on.

Now, with the new version of Wf Pro (very recent release), I can upload any bilingual segmented file (Word or RTF) into a TXML file of Wordfast Pro.
This is a very fine and handy feature!icon_smile.gif
Kind regards.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Open bilingual Word file with Wf Pro

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search