Charlotte Warren
Charlotte Warren  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 17:25
Member (2013)
Japanese to English
May 15, 2013

Hi there,

I have WF and am now trying to get to grips with alignment too, so as to make use of my old translations.

A search seemed to indicate that the easiest way was to use WF Anywhere (which I have an account for), so I followed the directions on a Youtube video on how to do this.

The trouble is, the system just won't accept my files. I keep getting the following message:
"The AutoAligner currently does not support the alignment of the documents y
... See more
Hi there,

I have WF and am now trying to get to grips with alignment too, so as to make use of my old translations.

A search seemed to indicate that the easiest way was to use WF Anywhere (which I have an account for), so I followed the directions on a Youtube video on how to do this.

The trouble is, the system just won't accept my files. I keep getting the following message:
"The AutoAligner currently does not support the alignment of the documents you have uploaded. Common reasons why alignment would fail: the document is too short, the file format that is provided is not currently supported, etc.."

Things I've tried:

Checking the document for segmenting issues (like where one source sentence has been translated into two English sentences etc.): There aren't any issues.
Slapping the contents of each into a text file to get rid of the formatting and then putting it back into a new Word file.
Deleting some of the contents of each to make the file shorter.

Still not working.

I must be doing something stupid without knowing it. Can any of you experienced people suggest what I'm doing wrong?
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:25
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
What is… May 15, 2013

…the format of the files you try to align?

NataliaAnne
NataliaAnne  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:25
Portuguese to English
Supported languages? May 15, 2013

I think I may have read somewhere (although I can’t seem to remember where!) that the aligner only supports limited languages; are you sure it supports Japanese? That is, the aligner supports fewer languages than WFA itself.

Charlotte Warren
Charlotte Warren  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 17:25
Member (2013)
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed it (not quite sure how, though) May 15, 2013

Hey Natalia, thanks for responding! I thought Japanese might be the issue too, but when I checked, it turned out to be OK. But after fiddling around and trying different things, I somehow managed to get it to work.

When I was having problems, I was working from this page here (http://autoaligner.freetm.com/Home/Tools) and kept getting the error message.

However, I expe
... See more
Hey Natalia, thanks for responding! I thought Japanese might be the issue too, but when I checked, it turned out to be OK. But after fiddling around and trying different things, I somehow managed to get it to work.

When I was having problems, I was working from this page here (http://autoaligner.freetm.com/Home/Tools) and kept getting the error message.

However, I experimented by clicking on the Aligner tab, which took me to this page here (http://autoaligner.freetm.com/) and trying again, and it worked! Not quite sure what's going on here, but I was able to align my files--hooray!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Anywhere alignment: it won't support my files

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »