Wordfast Anywhere alignment: it won't support my files
Thread poster: CWarren

CWarren  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:01
Japanese to English
May 15, 2013

Hi there,

I have WF and am now trying to get to grips with alignment too, so as to make use of my old translations.

A search seemed to indicate that the easiest way was to use WF Anywhere (which I have an account for), so I followed the directions on a Youtube video on how to do this.

The trouble is, the system just won't accept my files. I keep getting the following message:
"The AutoAligner currently does not support the alignment of the documents you have uploaded. Common reasons why alignment would fail: the document is too short, the file format that is provided is not currently supported, etc.."

Things I've tried:

Checking the document for segmenting issues (like where one source sentence has been translated into two English sentences etc.): There aren't any issues.
Slapping the contents of each into a text file to get rid of the formatting and then putting it back into a new Word file.
Deleting some of the contents of each to make the file shorter.

Still not working.

I must be doing something stupid without knowing it. Can any of you experienced people suggest what I'm doing wrong?

Direct link Reply with quote

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:01
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
What is… May 15, 2013

…the format of the files you try to align?

NataliaAnne  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:01
Portuguese to English
Supported languages? May 15, 2013

I think I may have read somewhere (although I can’t seem to remember where!) that the aligner only supports limited languages; are you sure it supports Japanese? That is, the aligner supports fewer languages than WFA itself.

CWarren  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:01
Japanese to English
Fixed it (not quite sure how, though) May 15, 2013

Hey Natalia, thanks for responding! I thought Japanese might be the issue too, but when I checked, it turned out to be OK. But after fiddling around and trying different things, I somehow managed to get it to work.

When I was having problems, I was working from this page here (http://autoaligner.freetm.com/Home/Tools) and kept getting the error message.

However, I experimented by clicking on the Aligner tab, which took me to this page here (http://autoaligner.freetm.com/) and trying again, and it worked! Not quite sure what's going on here, but I was able to align my files--hooray!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Anywhere alignment: it won't support my files

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

• All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search