"No match" word count of completely translated file is still 400 (WFP)
Thread poster: Lianne van de Ven

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:56
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
May 18, 2013

As the subject lines states: I have translated (and committed to TM) a txml completely (in Wordfast Pro), and when I do an analysis, it still says I need to do 400+ no matches. I converted the TM.txt to TM.tmx and next imported it in Trados and I get the same result. What does this mean? That 400 words are not written to my TM? I have opened and alt-ctrl-end-ed my file but this does not make any difference. This is a problem because I need to get an accurate count of where I am in my project, and know how much is really left to do.

This problem is part of a large batch of 20 files and I did a complete analysis at the beginning. I am now towards the end, 3 more files to go. When I did a new analysis for these 3 files, the "no match" counts for each of them were higher than in the original analysis. In fact: I have someone translate a file that was originally analysed as 1700 NM. After having done a considerable amount of translating and hence adding to the TM, the wordcount of that same file NM was 2300. I told this person the wrong total amount of words to be translated based on the initial analysis and I could not repeat this word count when I was sending the TM and file. How does this work?

Does this have anything to do with any of the TM settings?

This is a concern. I thought I had 4000 more words to go based on the original analysis and now it's more around 7000. And I am sending job requests for 1700 that turn out to be 2400....

Any input is greatly appreciated. I have read some on TM issues but most is really beyond me.

[Edited at 2013-05-18 15:38 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"No match" word count of completely translated file is still 400 (WFP)

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search