"No match" word count of completely translated file is still 400 (WFP)
Thread poster: Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:03
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
May 18, 2013

As the subject lines states: I have translated (and committed to TM) a txml completely (in Wordfast Pro), and when I do an analysis, it still says I need to do 400+ no matches. I converted the TM.txt to TM.tmx and next imported it in Trados and I get the same result. What does this mean? That 400 words are not written to my TM? I have opened and alt-ctrl-end-ed my file but this does not make any difference. This is a problem because I need to get an accurate count of where I am in my project, an... See more
As the subject lines states: I have translated (and committed to TM) a txml completely (in Wordfast Pro), and when I do an analysis, it still says I need to do 400+ no matches. I converted the TM.txt to TM.tmx and next imported it in Trados and I get the same result. What does this mean? That 400 words are not written to my TM? I have opened and alt-ctrl-end-ed my file but this does not make any difference. This is a problem because I need to get an accurate count of where I am in my project, and know how much is really left to do.

This problem is part of a large batch of 20 files and I did a complete analysis at the beginning. I am now towards the end, 3 more files to go. When I did a new analysis for these 3 files, the "no match" counts for each of them were higher than in the original analysis. In fact: I have someone translate a file that was originally analysed as 1700 NM. After having done a considerable amount of translating and hence adding to the TM, the wordcount of that same file NM was 2300. I told this person the wrong total amount of words to be translated based on the initial analysis and I could not repeat this word count when I was sending the TM and file. How does this work?

Does this have anything to do with any of the TM settings?

This is a concern. I thought I had 4000 more words to go based on the original analysis and now it's more around 7000. And I am sending job requests for 1700 that turn out to be 2400....

Any input is greatly appreciated. I have read some on TM issues but most is really beyond me.

[Edited at 2013-05-18 15:38 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"No match" word count of completely translated file is still 400 (WFP)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »