Thread poster: Valerie Steinier

Valerie Steinier  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:42
Dutch to French
+ ...
Jun 1, 2013

Hello,

I need to analyze and translate .json files. I have SDL Studio 2009 and 2011 and WFP. Can anyone confirm that one of these tools can handle .json files and if so how?

Thanks in advance, for your help,
Valerie

[edited by Drew]

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 07:42
English to Arabic
Wordfast Pro can translate JSON files Jun 5, 2013

Dear Valerie,

Wordfast Pro can translate JSON files if you have the right conversion rules file, which is just a TXT file, but with extension *.properties. Go to Edit menu > Preferences > Formats > New > XML Filter. Give it a proper name, and click "OK". Then, use the [...] button to browser for the "Conversion rules" (*.properties) file. Make sure the "Extension" textbox shows *.json and save the settings (OK). Now, you should be able to open the JSON file in WFP (File menu > Open file).

The properties file should include something like:

paragraphPrefix.0=: ?"
paragraphSuffix.0="[^"],?
paragraphFormat.0=html-included

However, be careful that JSON files can differ slightly; so you have to try that first. If you need further help, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating .json files

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search