Wordfast Anywhere HELP: won't let me download the translated file!
Thread poster: Mathilde A
Mathilde A
United States
Jun 2, 2013

Hello,
I've successfully used Wordfast Anywhere on a couple of translations already, but for this third one (PDF document of 9 pages), it always downloads the original document (not the translated one).
Would you have any suggestion on what to do?
For the other two translations, I used word documents but that is pretty much the only difference. The other files were even larger than this one.
I have to turn in my work tomorrow and am pretty desperate. Any suggestion would be welcome!
Thank you,
Mathilde

Direct link Reply with quote

hanjinkui
Local time: 20:54
Chinese to English
+ ...
Try "Bilingual File Tools" Jun 3, 2013

Hi,

Maybe you could try "File" > "Bilingual File Tools" > "Downloads" > choose the option that suits your needs.

Justin Peterson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:54
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
Get in touch with Wordfast - they can send it to you Jun 4, 2013

The same thing happened to me, once. Get in touch with WF and tell them your document is trapped. They were able to send it to me right away. Yet another reason to use WFA. Excellent. JRP

Nilufer Coskun
Turkey
Local time: 15:54
Member (Feb 2017)
English to Turkish
+ ...
WA does not download translated file in PDF Aug 16, 2013

Hi, same thing happened to me, WA downloads the PDF file in the source language not in the target language, how did you solve the problem, can you please share... thank you...

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:54
workaround Aug 23, 2013

Hi all -

This sometimes happens if you do not download the doc for review in the disclaimer after uploading a PDF file. As a workaround, you can try doing the following.

1. Download the TXML file of the uploaded PDF.
2. Upload PDF file again with a different name (i.e. COPY_filename.PDF) but this time follow the disclaimer and download the DOC file to review.
3. Check that the DOC file is fine
4. Upload the DOC file
5. Merge the DOC file with the TXML downloaded in step 1. If this does not work, use “File>Bilingual File Tools>Pre-translate”
6. Check the translation is fine as some segments may not have merged.
7. When the document is ready, download it and check the “Add PDF file” checkbox.

Hope this helps,

Kristyna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Anywhere HELP: won't let me download the translated file!

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search