Unable to add new Text based Filter in Wordfast Pro
Thread poster: marjie
marjie
New Zealand
Jun 27, 2013

Hi there

I am investigating whether WFP is a suitable tool for our localisation needs and I have downloaded a demo version of Wordfast Pro 3.2.0. I am trying to add a filter for an xml file and I have read the slides on translating XML files in WFP in Tips and Tricks. I have also read the Wordfast Wiki topic "Translation of XLF Files".

The problem I am having is that, when I go to add a New format, I do not have a "Text based Filter" option in my list. I have tried selecting "XML Filter" and using the .properties file I created, but I get a "Not Responding" message in the Progress Information dialog box when I try to open the file. (I also don't have a .xml option for the file type when I go to Open File.)

Is this problem due to my running a demo version, or am I using the wrong process?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to add new Text based Filter in Wordfast Pro

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search