Wordfast Pro 3.2 Search and Replace crashing a lot
Thread poster: yongzhou

yongzhou
Local time: 16:44
Chinese to English
+ ...
Jun 30, 2013

Very frequently, I would say, when I enter some word in upper "FIND" box, then press the "FIND" button at the bottom. It very often hangs there, especially after one or two consecutive pressing of the same button, then showing "not responding" on the windows tilte bar, and simply freezed.

Direct link Reply with quote

Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 10:44
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Wordfast Pro 3.2 often freezes Jun 30, 2013

This is similar to what I've been experiencing lately. When working on a large file, Wordfast Pro 3.2 often becomes unresponsive and freezes completely. So, I had to downgrade to Wordfast Pro 3.1.5.

Arcatrad  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 09:44
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
They are aware of the issue Jul 3, 2013

I had the same problem and sent a mail to WF support; here's their answer:

Dear Chriselle,
Please download and use version 3.1.5, available at: http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html
It seems version 3.2 causes troubles on some systems. We apologize for the issue. The developers are working on fixing that.

BTW, who knows how to downgrade to version 3.1.5? Cannot find it anywhere...

Thanks!

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:44
Previous Build 3.1.5 Jul 3, 2013

Arcatrad wrote:

I had the same problem and sent a mail to WF support; here's their answer:

Dear Chriselle,
Please download and use version 3.1.5, available at: http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html
It seems version 3.2 causes troubles on some systems. We apologize for the issue. The developers are working on fixing that.

BTW, who knows how to downgrade to version 3.1.5? Cannot find it anywhere...

Thanks!

At the link you referenced above, underneath each OS version you will see a link that says 'Previous Build 3.1.5'

We are currently working on WFP 3.2.1 which we will be releasing shortly to resolve this issue.

Thanks for you support,

Kristyna

Robert Chroscicki  Identity Verified
United States
Italian to English
Cursor position Jul 9, 2013

I've just reinstalled 3.1.5 on my Mac to be able to get jobs done unobstructed by constant freezes. I'm happy to hear you're working on a 3.2.1 version.

Since you're at it, I'd like to point out something that was introduced in 3.2, and I wonder if it was intentional.

Until now, when I finished and committed a segment and skipped to the next, the cursor would be at the start of the new segment. In 3.2 the cursor seems to fall at random spots in the segment, or maybe it carries over the position it had in the previous segment.

I don't see any advantage in finding one's cursor in an arbitrary position in the segment; in fact it really slows me down. Any chance things could go back to how they were on this issue?

Robert Chroscicki  Identity Verified
United States
Italian to English
Cursor positioning in 3.2 Jul 9, 2013

[Edited at 2013-07-09 18:22 GMT]

Ella Bashan
Israel
Local time: 10:44
Member (2012)
English to Hebrew
how do you produce an unclean copy in the earlier version? Jul 24, 2013

how do you produce an unclean copy in the earlier version?

United States
It's a 3.2 feature Jul 24, 2013

Ella Bashan wrote:

how do you produce an unclean copy in the earlier version?

Hi Ella,

You can't. This feature was added in version 3.2. If you are experiencing freezing/crashing issues in 3.2, go to Edit > Preferences (F9) >Terminology > and uncheck the box that says ‘Highlight terms in Editor with Box.’ This should allow you to continue working with 3.2 and take advantage of that feature.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

yongzhou
Local time: 16:44
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
3.2.1 Beta has solved the problem! Aug 3, 2013

I'm grateful for Wordfast, really. As a back-on-feet translator without money to invest first. Its generous DEMO (500 limit of TM units) save my life big.

After being contacted by one of its workers and re-intalling a new testing version (3.2.1), the problem that started this thread has gone.

United States
Issue resolved in 3.2.1 Aug 22, 2013

Hi all,

We have just officially released 3.2.1 which resolves this issue. You can download it from the Wordfast website here - http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

Thanks for your support and patience,

Kristyna

Tanya Shew
Spain
Local time: 09:44
English to Spanish
+ ...
3.2.1. Demo version freezes when I print Oct 5, 2013

Hi there,

I downloaded the Demo version of the 3.2.1. version and was seriously considering purchasing it soon, but I the program seems to freeze when I ask it to print.. Any reason why?

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 3.2 Search and Replace crashing a lot

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search