Thread poster: szaldibar

szaldibar  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:45
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 3, 2013

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue which has quickly become a major headache, and maybe I can get some feedback or you can let me know if you're also having this issue.

I'm running Wordfast 3.2 for Mac and working with a large (3.2 mb) InDesign .IDML file. I've been able to open it in Wordfast, and have been able to translate and successfully save my translation memory. I'm done with the project. It's time to turn it in to the client in .IDML format. Naturally, I go to File - Save Translated File.

When I do, what I get is the translated .IDML file in my Finder which cannot be opened because it contains Zero Bytes. In other words, it's getting corrupted in the process of saving the translated file. I've already tried this with smaller files and it has worked, so the size of this file might be the issue.

HELP!! I'm on a deadline and I'm done and READY to turn this project in if I could only SAVE IT!!

Appreciate it.

Sebastian Zaldibar
www.etwtranslations.com

[Edited at 2013-07-03 16:23 GMT]

Maaike van Vlijmen  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:45
Member (2009)
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Placeables? Jul 4, 2013

Did you do a TransCheck to see if all the placeables are there?

Good luck!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 3.2 for Mac Issue with Saving Translated File

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search