Michele Spurdle
Michele Spurdle
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:02
Member (2008)
Greek to English
Jul 13, 2013

Hello,

I'd really value some advice with a tight deadline to meet. I use Wordfast Pro 3.

I have a file which is editable pdf. I tried to upload it on to Wordfast but then came up with an error message. I then converted the pdf to a word file and uploaded that instead. It uploaded but all spaces between source words (Greek) have been removed. I translate Greek documents all the time but have never had this problem before.
Thank you for any guidance anyone can offe
... See more
Hello,

I'd really value some advice with a tight deadline to meet. I use Wordfast Pro 3.

I have a file which is editable pdf. I tried to upload it on to Wordfast but then came up with an error message. I then converted the pdf to a word file and uploaded that instead. It uploaded but all spaces between source words (Greek) have been removed. I translate Greek documents all the time but have never had this problem before.
Thank you for any guidance anyone can offer.
Kind regards,
Michele
Collapse

Srini Venkataraman
Srini Venkataraman
United States
Local time: 20:02
Member (2012)
Tamil to English
+ ...
opening pdf file Jul 13, 2013

The following may be a workaround.
Create an account in wordfast anywhere ( freetm.com)
open the pdf file and save as rtf.(download)
then use this file in your WF version or continue working in WFA.

Srini Venkataraman
Srini Venkataraman
United States
Local time: 20:02
Member (2012)
Tamil to English
+ ...
error message Jul 13, 2013

As a computer professional I have to say one thing.
When you get an error message- paste the error message so it will be possible to troubleshoot- that's what I say at work place. Error may be due to million reasons- if I can see the error message- then I will/ can try to troubleshoot in the correct direction and resolution may be faster.

[Edited at 2013-07-13 19:59 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spaces between words have been removed after importing file

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »