Analysis report with characters possible?
Thread poster: Maaike van Vlijmen

Maaike van Vlijmen  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:57
Member (2009)
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 18, 2013

A client of mine asked me if I could create an analysis report with characters. I use Wordfast Pro to analyse the files, as the formats are always idml or inx. However, my reports contain: segments, words and placeables but not characters.
Is there a way to get the reports with the characters? I also have WF Classic and I just tried it, but it seems you have to open the file to do the analysis, and I cannot open idml or inx files with WF Classic.

Is there a way to get the analysis report of idml files with characters?

Many thanks for your help!

Oleg Korolev
Ukraine
Local time: 14:57
English to Russian
+ ...
AnyCount Jul 18, 2013

Hi Maaike,

You can try AnyCount (http://www.anycount.com/try-free), or another counting software, or you can download Trados Studio ( free 30-days trial); memoQ (free trial) and use them for creation of the report. Links for downloads are on home page of ProZ.com. Good luck.

Maaike van Vlijmen  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:57
Member (2009)
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have a Mac... Jul 19, 2013

Hi Aerrow

Thanks for your tips, but I forgot to mention I work on a Mac and none of these options are available for Mac OSicon_frown.gif
Any other suggestions? TIA!

Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:57
Spanish to French
+ ...
Tongue-in-cheek answer Jul 22, 2013

Start thinking about buying a pcicon_wink.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Analysis report with characters possible?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search