Analysis report with characters possible?
Thread poster: Maaike van Vlijmen
Maaike van Vlijmen
Maaike van Vlijmen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:39
Member (2009)
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Jul 18, 2013

A client of mine asked me if I could create an analysis report with characters. I use Wordfast Pro to analyse the files, as the formats are always idml or inx. However, my reports contain: segments, words and placeables but not characters.
Is there a way to get the reports with the characters? I also have WF Classic and I just tried it, but it seems you have to open the file to do the analysis, and I cannot open idml or inx files with WF Classic.

Is there a way to get the anal
... See more
A client of mine asked me if I could create an analysis report with characters. I use Wordfast Pro to analyse the files, as the formats are always idml or inx. However, my reports contain: segments, words and placeables but not characters.
Is there a way to get the reports with the characters? I also have WF Classic and I just tried it, but it seems you have to open the file to do the analysis, and I cannot open idml or inx files with WF Classic.

Is there a way to get the analysis report of idml files with characters?

Many thanks for your help!
Collapse

Oleg Korolev
Oleg Korolev
Ukraine
Local time: 10:39
English to Russian
+ ...
AnyCount Jul 18, 2013

Hi Maaike,

You can try AnyCount (http://www.anycount.com/try-free), or another counting software, or you can download Trados Studio ( free 30-days trial); memoQ (free trial) and use them for creation of the report. Links for downloads are on home page of ProZ.com. Good luck.

Maaike van Vlijmen
Maaike van Vlijmen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2009)
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have a Mac... Jul 19, 2013

Hi Aerrow

Thanks for your tips, but I forgot to mention I work on a Mac and none of these options are available for Mac OS
Any other suggestions? TIA!

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Spanish to French
+ ...
Tongue-in-cheek answer Jul 22, 2013

Start thinking about buying a pc

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Analysis report with characters possible?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »