Polina Rassolova-Karageuzian  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:12
English to Russian
+ ...
Jul 24, 2013

Hi,

I have encountered a problem with an empty inx file. Let me briefly explain:

I have translated most of my txml file on a Mac. One day of work was done on a PC. Files were then copied back onto the Mac (replaced) where they were spell checked and edited. I have then transchecked for tags etc. File has no errors. The "save translated file" function creates an inx file which does take up space on the disk (over 7 MB, similar to the original file), however it won't open
... See more
Hi,

I have encountered a problem with an empty inx file. Let me briefly explain:

I have translated most of my txml file on a Mac. One day of work was done on a PC. Files were then copied back onto the Mac (replaced) where they were spell checked and edited. I have then transchecked for tags etc. File has no errors. The "save translated file" function creates an inx file which does take up space on the disk (over 7 MB, similar to the original file), however it won't open, displaying a message: "cannot open. No element found". I thought that perhaps it is because when I was working on the PC I did not copy skl files. Hence, I decided to create a completely new file. I have copied and renamed the original inx into a new folder. Then I created a txml file. However - no skl file is generated! It translates with my TMs, transcheck returns no errors but I cannot create an inx since the skl is missing.

Please, can you help me with that? I have no idea what to do next.
Collapse

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 17:12
Bug Report Jul 24, 2013

What does Bug Report content in WFP contains after you do Save Translated file. Go to Help > Bug Report and attach the error.

Are you seeing something like this: Java RuntimeException There are more TXML segments for segID = 0than placeholders in SKL at org.gs4tr.filters.inx.merge.IndesignAligner.align(IndesignAligner.java:301)?

[Edited at 2013-07-24 17:26 GMT]

Polina Rassolova-Karageuzian
Polina Rassolova-Karageuzian  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:12
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
problem sorted Aug 1, 2013

Hello thank you for your reply.

Sorry for not answering you earlier. We managed to sort the problem by downloading an earlier version of Wordfast as it seems to be a bug in the version we were using.

Thank you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Empty inx "cannot open. No element found"

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »