Yellow segments turn gray when translating
Thread poster: Rebecka Beetz
Rebecka Beetz
Rebecka Beetz
Local time: 01:38
English to German
+ ...
Aug 6, 2013

Hi, I am working with a remote TM and when I open the TXML in Wordfast Pro, the segments that are fuzzy matches are yellow. However, when I get to actually translating those segments (Alt+arrow down), the segment turns gray, indicating a no-match. Wordfast tells me the TM connection is established and I can still search the TM as well. It's not the first time I am experiencing this. Any ideas what might cause this? Thanks!

Nicolas Roussel
Nicolas Roussel  Identity Verified
Philippines
Local time: 21:38
Member (2011)
English to French
Could be: you don't have local TM Aug 6, 2013

Hello Rebecka.

This happens when you don't have a local TM where to confirm your segments.

I don't know if this happens in other situations also but it might be one possibility.

Nicolas.

Rebecka Beetz
Rebecka Beetz
Local time: 01:38
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Aug 7, 2013

Thanks, Nicolas, but unfortunately that doesn't make a difference The text remains in the segment when I open it, but it goes gray

Nicolas Roussel
Nicolas Roussel  Identity Verified
Philippines
Local time: 21:38
Member (2011)
English to French
When you validte the segment Aug 7, 2013

What about when you validate the segment? Does it stay gray or does it turn blue?

Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:38
Are you connected to the right TM? Aug 8, 2013

Hi Rebecka,

It sounds to me like you are connected to a different TM than the one the TXML was pre-translated from. Are you sure you are connected to the right TM?

Sincerely,

Kristyna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Yellow segments turn gray when translating

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »