WFA concordance search speed
Thread poster: Sam Abramov

Sam Abramov
Russian Federation
Local time: 15:44
English to Russian
+ ...
Aug 9, 2013

Hello, I'm a relatively new to WFA (been using it for a couple of months now). Overall it is a useful and stable application but I'm concerned about a couple of things - search is one of them.
I know in the program description it's said "webbased=laggy" and I'm totally ok with it - but there should be boundaries - 2-5 seconds for closing / opening new seconds is ok, while 5-10 seconds for a concordance search can sometimes be hampering. Especially if you take into consideration that WFA sometimes got troubles finding a 100% match sentence on its own.
Is there any way to improve the speed of the search - trying other browser, other version of java, flash or what not, or some basic software optimisation?

[Edited at 2013-08-09 11:15 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:44
Member (2008)
French to English
Server-side problems Aug 9, 2013

I have noticed that, as well as slow TM lookups and saves, but these problems are server-side, not client-side, so I don't think there's anything a user can do about it.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFA concordance search speed

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search