Thread poster: Lianne van de Ven

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:19
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 24, 2013

Hi - not sure why this is happening, but when I use alt+insert in order to copy the source into the target (because it doesn't need to be translated), Wordfast Pro inserts translations for the words in the source that I have in my terminology/dictionaries.

In my opinion, "copy source" is not doing what it is supposed to do, which would be copying the source. It seems as if this function is somehow mixed up with the auto-suggest function. I thought that unchecking "glossary matches" under "auto-suggest" might solve this problem, but it doesn't.

What am I missing?
Thanks.

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 00:19
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Copy only source Aug 25, 2013

Go to "Preferences" > Terminology > (Select) Copy only source

Unselect "copy only target terms" or "Copy both source and target terms".

Regards

Clarisa

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:19
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Copying versus inserting Aug 25, 2013

Hi Clarisa,

Thanks for your suggestion. That does solve the problem, but I am somewhat puzzled how/why to use this option. I use copy source (alt+ins) for two main reasons:
- To copy the structure of the source content (when it is complex with many tags, for example, or because the structure needs to be maintained)
- To leave a segment untranslated.
In the first case, inserting translations out of my terminology base would be handy
In the second case I just want a copy.

But anyway, thanks for helping me figuring this out. I'll try one way and the other and see what I need most.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Copy source inserts translations of dictionary items

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search