Local time: 20:53
English to Russian
+ ...
Aug 26, 2013

Hi everyone,

file format: rtf
WF Pro 3.1.5 (on Apple Mac)

Would appreciate help/advice on the following:

I've had a .doc file that I've uploaded into WF and used "Translate all" function under TM to pre-populate matches from an existing TM. I have edited some bits of text (some bits were commited into the TM, some were left in txml only as needed durther work).

I then used the "Bilingual Export Function". I've exported the file and send s
... See more
Hi everyone,

file format: rtf
WF Pro 3.1.5 (on Apple Mac)

Would appreciate help/advice on the following:

I've had a .doc file that I've uploaded into WF and used "Translate all" function under TM to pre-populate matches from an existing TM. I have edited some bits of text (some bits were commited into the TM, some were left in txml only as needed durther work).

I then used the "Bilingual Export Function". I've exported the file and send sent the resulting .rtf for further editing. The file was edited in MS Word without using a CAT tool in track changes.

The edited file came back, I've "imported it" back into WF (the txml now has the word "merged" in the file name) and currently going through the text and making further amendments by amending the text and committing each segment into the existing TM.

The problem I have is that once I amend the text that is repeated elsewhere (100% matches) it does not update automatically further down the document. I have to manually amend each matching segment. Not sure what settings I need to adjust to rectify it. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Nadya
Collapse

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 21:53
English to Arabic
Auto-Propagation Aug 31, 2013

Nadezhda Kirichenko wrote:

The problem I have is that once I amend the text that is repeated elsewhere (100% matches) it does not update automatically further down the document. I have to manually amend each matching segment. Not sure what settings I need to adjust to rectify it.

Dear Nadya,

If I got your query correctly, you need to do two things:

1- Go to Edit menu > Preferences > Auto-Propagation, and check the option "100% matches" under "Use auto-propagation to overwrite".

2- You have to commit the first occurrence to the TM by pressing Alt+Down or Alt+Q so the the other occurrence(s) will be auto-propagated.

In my opinion, there should be an option to auto-propagate exact matches from a bilingual review file throughout the whole file while importing and merging it back to the TXML.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Nadezhda Kirichenko
Nadezhda Kirichenko  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:53
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
noted Sep 2, 2013

Thank you, I'll try and see whether that works!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bilingual Export/Import function and further edits

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »