Translating ttx files with Wordfast Pro
Thread poster: Guglielmo Sperone

Guglielmo Sperone  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 10:25
English to Italian
Sep 15, 2013

Hello,

I am trying to translate Trados ttx files with Wordfast Pro. Checking on line, I see people suggesting to use Trados 2007 to segment the ttx file before translating it on Wordfast Pro. I thought I could do that downloading a demo version of Trados but the only one available is 2011 and not 2007 and it doesn't seem to work the same way (I have never used Trados so I am not an expert at all). Does anyone know what is the best way to translate ttx documents with Wordfast Pro?

Thank you very much.

Guglielmo

Direct link Reply with quote

Magdalena Balibrea Vich  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:25
Member (2010)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TTX IT Sep 15, 2013

You can use this tool to create ttx files, but SDL won't let you download it unless you have a valid Trados license already in place.

http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/sdlttxit-1.html

Guglielmo Sperone  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 10:25
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
TTX WFP Sep 15, 2013

Thank you, Magdalena. What I am trying to do is modify a ttx file in order to be able to translate it with WFP.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating ttx files with Wordfast Pro

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search