Lesley S  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:50
Member (2008)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Sep 19, 2013

Hi,

I recently started using my Wordfast Classic (Version 6.03t) on my notebook (before I was using it on my desktop, where it worked fine) and the TM text suggestions (that appear below the empty box where the translation is typed) are appearing with the font cut in half. I can't even read it. Does anyone have any idea as to what may be causing this?

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 13:50
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Screenshot? Sep 19, 2013

Lesley Sogl wrote:
I recently started using my Wordfast Classic (Version 6.03t) on my notebook (before I was using it on my desktop, where it worked fine) and the TM text suggestions (that appear below the empty box where the translation is typed) are appearing with the font cut in half.

Can you give us a screenshot?

United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
screenshot? Sep 24, 2013

There is no button to allow me to paste a screenshot here in the reply. How can I send you a screen shot?

Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
How to post a picture here Sep 24, 2013

Lesley Sogl wrote:
There is no button to allow me to paste a screenshot here in the reply. How can I send you a screen shot?

Upload the picture to tinypic.com, and when you've uploaded it, you'll see a link that contains IMG tags. Paste that link in the body of your message here.

United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
screenshot Sep 24, 2013

Wow, thanks for that, let's see if I got it right...

Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
AutoComplete Sep 24, 2013

Lesley Sogl wrote:

Aah, the problem lies with "AutoComplete". I don't use AutoComplete in WFC, so I can't help, but if you search for that keyword in the forums, perhaps you'll hit some dirt. Or maybe you should change the subject of the thread to something like "AutoComplete in WFC cut in half".

United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! Oct 3, 2013

I contacted Wordfast to see if they could help me and Dominique came to my aid.

At first, he couldn't figure out what it was so we met on GoToMeeting so he could access my screen and see what was going on.

In order for him to gain access to my notebook he asked me to disconnect the external keyboard and mouse. Apparently that was all that was needed! The halved text went back to normal instantly after I disconnected the keyboard and everything has been normal since.

We were both surprised but it worked for me so if anyone experiences this weird problem, here's the fix!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Text cut in half

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search