+ ...
Oct 2, 2013

Hello everyone

I just got a mail from ProZ.com telling me this:

Savings of up to 50% off --
Buy Wordfast Pro and
get Wordfast Classic FREE

http://www.proz.com/tgb/826

Now, normally Wordfast Pro costs EUR 400. If the discount is 50%, you should expect to pay just EUR 200, right? Alas, the
... See more
Hello everyone

I just got a mail from ProZ.com telling me this:

Savings of up to 50% off --
Buy Wordfast Pro and
get Wordfast Classic FREE

http://www.proz.com/tgb/826

Now, normally Wordfast Pro costs EUR 400. If the discount is 50%, you should expect to pay just EUR 200, right? Alas, the Group Buy costs EUR 300. The discount is actually 25%.

But wait, could it be that the "up to 50%" applies to what you would normally pay if you bought both Wordfast Pro and Wordfast Classic together? Nope, together they normally cost EUR 500. That makes the Group Buy a mere 40% discount, and then... you don't get Wordfast Classic free.

No amount of clever calculations gets me to the magical 50%.

I'm not suggesting that we should not be grateful to get a 25% discount for such a fantastic piece of software, or be grateful for the existence of this wonderful tool that pays for itself twenty-fold or a hundred-fold during its 3-year life-span, but... dishonest is dishonest. I'm not happy here.

Samuel

[Edited at 2013-10-02 09:08 GMT]
Collapse

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:37
Spanish to English
+ ...
Savings up to 50% Oct 2, 2013

HI Sam - apologies for the confusion. No one is lying, the text say "savings up to 50%" and the TGB has two options, one for members and one for non-members. That said, I see how that is not clear enough and could be considered misleading.

Members save 40% on the price of Studio - 299 Euros instead of 500 Euros. Non-members save 50% as their option (which costs more) includes ProZ.com membership by default. The TGB will only show ProZ.com members the one option for Studio and no
... See more
HI Sam - apologies for the confusion. No one is lying, the text say "savings up to 50%" and the TGB has two options, one for members and one for non-members. That said, I see how that is not clear enough and could be considered misleading.

Members save 40% on the price of Studio - 299 Euros instead of 500 Euros. Non-members save 50% as their option (which costs more) includes ProZ.com membership by default. The TGB will only show ProZ.com members the one option for Studio and non-members the option to buy Studio with ProZ.com membership.

That said - I don't want you or anyone else to feel that was incorrect or misleading so if you or any other paying ProZ.com member emails me at [email protected] with the subject "Wordfast TGB discount" - I will provide you with a link to buy Wordfast studio at 50% discount or 250 Euros. Non-members can email me for a link to buy Wordfast Studio + ProZ.com membership and or sign up to the TGB which is a savings of 50% including Wordfast Studio + ProZ.com membership.

Thanks for considering ProZ.com TGB for your software needs,

Drew
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Who's kidding who... the 50% discount is actually 25%

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »