International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

Restoring settings after upgrade
Thread poster: Gregory Flanders

Gregory Flanders  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:06
French to English
+ ...
Oct 10, 2013

I installed the latest version of Wordfast, and during the installation process a dialog box came up asking me something. Unfortunately I was typing at that moment and didn't see what it was asking me (one of the options was chosen randomly by my typing).

Now I see that all my settings were deleted, all my personal glossaries and links to projects.

My question now is whether there is a relatively painless way to get everything back? I'm assuming a directory was thrown into the garbage, but I can't seem to figure out what one to move back.

(PS. Why on earth would someone want to delete all their previous project settings during an upgrade?)

Direct link Reply with quote

Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:06
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Which Wordfast? Oct 10, 2013

I don't know the answer to your question, but I expect it would help others to answer if you would inform us whether this refers to WordFast Pro or Wordfast Classic. (I expect it's Pro since you mentioned links to projects.)

Oliver

Gregory Flanders  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:06
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Pro Oct 10, 2013

Sorry, yes, I should have specified that. Wordfast Pro 3.2.2

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Restoring settings after upgrade

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search