Google Translate interfering with WordFast
Thread poster: Phoebe Green

Phoebe Green
Local time: 21:23
Member (2009)
French to English
Oct 18, 2013

Is anyone having problems with what appears to be Google Translate interacting with WordFast? I have WF Classic 6.03 and MS Office 365 (MS Word 2013). When I Start Translation/Next segment, I get a message box from WordFast reading “Make sure your Google credential is correct.” Then I get the usual box to enter the segment translation, but below it immediately appears another box populated with something along the lines of:

GT ▸ { “error”: { “errors”: [ { "domain": "usageLimits", "reason": "keyInvalid", "message": "Bad Request" } ], “code”: 400, “message”: “Bad Request” }}
MS ▸ Argument ExceptionMethod: Translate()Parameter: Message: The Web Token must have a signature at the end. The incoming token did not have a signature at the end of the token.message id=3802.V2_Rest.Translate.2F07F821
WL ▸ TEXTS FOR TRANSLATION CONTINUATION

where the last line (“WL”) is a machine translation of the original segment.

Any idea why this happens and how I can make it stop?

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Srini Venkataraman
United States
Local time: 14:23
Member (2012)
Tamil to English
+ ...
was there Oct 18, 2013

I had a similar problem in wfp 3.1.5 about invalid credentials- I now understand that GT works only with licensed version and not with demo.

Phoebe Green
Member (2009)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
To clarify Oct 18, 2013

What I want is to be able to STOP Google Translate from volunteering. I just want WordFast to function as before, giving me a blank segment to fill in.

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:23
Preferences Oct 18, 2013

Hi Phoebe,

Go to Edit > Preferences > Machine Translation. Then, go to Google Translate and make sure Enable Google Translate is unchecked.

Please let me know if this solves your issue.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Srini Venkataraman
United States
Local time: 14:23
Member (2012)
Tamil to English
+ ...
config issue Oct 18, 2013

Go to preferences and uncheck Google. MT is optional, so you can check/uncheck whenever you want.

Phoebe Green
Member (2009)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Hooray! Oct 18, 2013

In WordFast, I went to the MT tab and unchecked the "use web-based MT" option. Success!

Thank you Kristyna and Srini!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google Translate interfering with WordFast

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search