Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:21
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Oct 31, 2013

Hi all,

I just upgraded to 3.2.2 and often (not always) the popup for the text in tags (when hovering over the tag in the source) does not appear. It is not consistent, but I am not sure if there is any pattern. I first thought that it only happened to the lower line tags in a segment, but now I have a 3 line segment with a tag in the first line, and I can't get the content to show.
I can only see a tiny vertical stripe (1mm) showing up above the tag, possibly the upper end of my cursor showing from behind the tag in what appears to be an invisible rectangular shape. The tiny stripe is right above where I place my cursor on the tag.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

I also thought there was another way to see the content of tags, but maybe I am confusing WFP with Studio 2011. If there is a way, I would gladly hear again how.

I also don't know how to make tags visible in text view, because I always use table view. Hovering over tags in text view does not do anything at all.

Thanks in advance.

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:21
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
not solved -> bug report? Nov 4, 2013

Someone has replied to me by email to let me know that highlighting/selecting the tag by using the keyboard shortcuts for "next tag" (alt+shift+right by default) will display the content of the tag at the bottom area of the main editor screen, sort of in the border. This is correct - and is an alternative way of showing the tag content.

However, when I cannot display the tag content by hovering over it, this line at the bottom of the screen remains empty as well. Today I am seeing small vertical rectangular empty boxes for hovering over certain tags. Other tags are regular and display content.

Would like to report this as a bug.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

not all popups of tags visible in 3.2.2

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search