Unclean file: Unable to switch between monolingual and bilingual view
Thread poster: Thomas Prager

Thomas Prager  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:58
English to German
Oct 31, 2013

Hi,

new WFP 3.2.2 user here. My client requires unclean bilingual Word files. I have delivered a few of those using WFP no problem. But today when I did a last round of proofreading on the bilingual document in Word 2007, I noticed that I could not switch between views, ie I could only view the bilingual version. When I clicked on the paragraph sign, only the pilcrows themselves appeared and disappeared from the text, but the view itself did not change. Normally I can use the paragraph mark to switch between monolingual and bilingual view. The agency got back to me and said that the formatting was completely removed. Even saving the doc again from the txml file did not make any difference.

Obviously I don't want this to occur again. I have no clue what I did to make this happen - from what I remember I did not make any settings changes. Does anybody know what happened there? And is there a way to fix this issue should it occur again?

Thanks, Thomas

Direct link Reply with quote

Thomas Prager  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:58
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Update: Windows 8.1 issue Nov 2, 2013

After some more futzing around with Wordfast Pro, I figured out that this is related to Windows 8.1. On my Windows 7 laptop, everything works perfectly.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unclean file: Unable to switch between monolingual and bilingual view

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search