https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/258820-unclean_file_unable_to_switch_between_monolingual_and_bilingual_view.html

Unclean file: Unable to switch between monolingual and bilingual view
Thread poster: Thomas Prager
Thomas Prager
Thomas Prager  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 06:57
English to German
Oct 31, 2013

Hi,

new WFP 3.2.2 user here. My client requires unclean bilingual Word files. I have delivered a few of those using WFP no problem. But today when I did a last round of proofreading on the bilingual document in Word 2007, I noticed that I could not switch between views, ie I could only view the bilingual version. When I clicked on the paragraph sign, only the pilcrows themselves appeared and disappeared from the text, but the view itself did not change. Normally I can use the paragr
... See more
Hi,

new WFP 3.2.2 user here. My client requires unclean bilingual Word files. I have delivered a few of those using WFP no problem. But today when I did a last round of proofreading on the bilingual document in Word 2007, I noticed that I could not switch between views, ie I could only view the bilingual version. When I clicked on the paragraph sign, only the pilcrows themselves appeared and disappeared from the text, but the view itself did not change. Normally I can use the paragraph mark to switch between monolingual and bilingual view. The agency got back to me and said that the formatting was completely removed. Even saving the doc again from the txml file did not make any difference.

Obviously I don't want this to occur again. I have no clue what I did to make this happen - from what I remember I did not make any settings changes. Does anybody know what happened there? And is there a way to fix this issue should it occur again?

Thanks, Thomas
Collapse

Thomas Prager
Thomas Prager  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 06:57
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Update: Windows 8.1 issue Nov 2, 2013

After some more futzing around with Wordfast Pro, I figured out that this is related to Windows 8.1. On my Windows 7 laptop, everything works perfectly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unclean file: Unable to switch between monolingual and bilingual view

Translation news related to Wordfast

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »