Thread poster: martine paulin

martine paulin  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:31
Member (2006)
English to French
+ ...
Nov 1, 2013

I got a project originally in Trados TagEditor (.ttx) files.
I was able to open the ttx files in wordfast anywhere, however, when I saved the files, they were saved as .txml files. I have to deliver the files in .ttx format.
Does anyone know how to convert the files back to .ttx format (I need the unclean file, as well as the clean file)?

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:31
Finnish to French
Try WFP Nov 1, 2013

As I said on the WFA list: you may want to copy the original .TTX and the translated .TTX.TXML in the same folder (on your local drive), open the TXML in Wordfast Pro and use the File > Save translated file menu option in WFP.

Also see:

http://www.wordfast.net/wiki/Translation_of_TTX_Files_in_WFP

If you don't have WFP, install it. The demo version would be sufficient for the above.

Note that in order to obtain a translated version of the original file (Word, PowerPoint etc.), you need to use TagEditor.

Thomas Prager  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:31
English to German
Creating unclean TTX file in WFP without Trados 2007 Nov 4, 2013

Hi Dominique,

your link mentions Trados 2007 / Workbench, which I don't own. From what I understand, the Demo version is no longer available either. I use the Starter Edition of Trados Studio 2014 and Wordfast 3.2.2 - can this combination be used to create unclean ttx files?

Cheers, T.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

saving an unclean txml file as an unclean ttx file in wordfast anywhere

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search