How to download unclean/bilingual XLIFF file in WFA
Thread poster: Kaya Green

Kaya Green  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:43
German to English
Nov 4, 2013

Hey there,
I'm using Wordfast Anywhere for the first time and need to download a bilingual document to send back to the client.

They wanted the translation done in Trados and the files were .xliff, but after some research it looked like WFA could handle this. There was no problem uploading the files and I converted the Trados TMs into a fitting format.

I was told in no uncertain terms not to change the source files structurally as they are to be reimported into Trados by the client. Not being very technologically minded, I assume this means deliver them back in the same format?? Can I download bilingual xliff files or does it only download other formats? If so, can I deliver the files in a different format that they can then reimport into Trados?

Typically I have left this to the last minute and have to send the translations tonight, so any answers are much appreciated! Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:43
Finnish to French
File > Download Document File Nov 4, 2013

If you have uploaded a supported file to your Wordfast Anywhere account and translated it there, you should be able to obtain the translated version by selecting File > Download Document File.

This should apply to .SDLXLIFF files (the special XLIFF flavour used by SDL's tool) just like it applies to .DOCX, .PPTX etc.

If you are having problems doing this, you can ask for guidance on the dedicated Anywhere mailing list, as the real experts hang out there rather than on this forum.

Kaya Green  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:43
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
So simple it can't be true Nov 4, 2013

Thank you so much - clearly I was overcomplicating matters by looking in the 'bilingual tools' list...
That has worked very well!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to download unclean/bilingual XLIFF file in WFA

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search