WFA only downloading target language in Word
Thread poster: Kaya Green

Kaya Green  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:10
German to English
Nov 4, 2013

Me againicon_smile.gif
Managed with Dominique's help to get my xliff files downloaded from Wordfast Anywhere. Now I need bilingual Word docs also, but when I download and then open them (I have to say this is with Open Office, not Word) there is only the target language.

I have tried what was suggested in another thread (tick 'hidden text') but that makes no difference.

The source file format was xliff and I don't have them in any other source format.

If this is a Word/OO issue I accept that and will mark it as 'another reason to finally shell out for Word', but perhaps there is something I can do with WFA to remedy this first?!

Thanks!

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:10
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
You can… Nov 5, 2013

…get a bilingual Word document only when your source document is a Word DOC or DOCX document (and, perhaps, RTF, but I never translated this format). And you can’t get a bilingual file from any other source format including XLIFF.

[Edited at 2013-11-05 09:17 GMT]

Kaya Green  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:10
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Nov 5, 2013

That clears it up!

"...And you can’t get a bilingual file from any other source format including XLIFF."

Not sure if I understood you, but I did get bilingual files in XLIFF, TXT and TXML formats.

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:10
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
I meant Nov 5, 2013

Kaya Green wrote:

Not sure if I understood you, but I did get bilingual files in XLIFF, TXT and TXML formats.

…a bilingual Word file. Sorry. You’re right: other bilingual formats are supported.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFA only downloading target language in Word

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search