Buttons are grayed out/functions are unavailable in a given Wordfast Pro project...
Thread poster: Etienne Lehoux-Jobin
Etienne Lehoux-Jobin  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:25
English to French
+ ...
Nov 7, 2013

Hello,

I have a problem with Wordfast Pro 3.2.0 running on Windows XP. Normally, everything works fine, but this morning, when I launched Wordfast Pro and opened my project and some files, I couldn't commit any segment to the TM, add terms to the Glossary, etc. I tried creating a new project and everything works fine there, so it really seems like it's a project-related issue. Whenever I change segments, I get this error message: "Please note this action will close currently open segment, without committing its translation to memory."... I also get some weird Java errors... The buttons and menu items are grayed out and most functions are simply unavailable...

I work in a office (not a translation company, I'm the only transltor here) and my files and the project are located on a network disk drive, so maybe some changes I'm not aware of have been made overnight... I really don't know what's happening, so any help would be welcomed.

Thank you very much!

[Modifié le 2013-11-07 16:35 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Failed attempt at resolving the issue... Nov 7, 2013

Hello,

I tried creating a new project, usinng the same TMs and glossaries, and the problem resurfaced. Now, I can't even save the files: "Save Failed
G:\DIRGEN\INTERNATIONAL\7300 - Coopération et relations extérieures\Partenariat\ACE PROJECT\ACE Project\Traduction\Legal Framework (LF)\1. Source\8_lf_en_lfa02b.doc.txml (Un périphérique attaché au système ne fonctionne pas correctement ["A device attached to the system is not functioning"])".

Any ideas?

Thanks!

English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Situation developing! Nov 7, 2013

So, I've tried creating a new project, without linking it to any TM or glossary. I opened one of the files of the original project and I could save segments and so on. I linked the TMs to the project and everything was still working great. When I linked the glossary to the project, things went sour. I can't commit segments to the TM anymore and I get the error message: " "Next Segment (TM Commit)" did not complete normally. Please see the log for more information. Invalid locale code (null). ". The moment I deactivate the glossary, everything works just fine again. So it really is the glossary that's the issue here, but why, and how I can fix this?

Thank you very much!

[Modifié le 2013-11-07 18:04 GMT]

John Daniel
Local time: 13:25
Try 3.2.2 Nov 7, 2013

Try installing WFP 3.2.2

When you linked the glossary what do you mean by that? You add the text file back in WF like import glossary?

English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Nov 7, 2013

I'm not allowed to update the product... Office policy.

I mean that the problem appeared when I added the glossary to the project and activated it. The glossary file may be corrupt.

Anyway, I managed to export the glossary file and re-import it after deleting the original file, and that did the trick...

So, I don't exactly know what happened, but the problem is now solved!

Thank you very much!

[Modifié le 2013-11-07 22:23 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Buttons are grayed out/functions are unavailable in a given Wordfast Pro project...

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search