International Translation Day 2018

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event September 25-26th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

"Perform TM Lookup Automatically" at Wordfast 2
Thread poster: zeynepa

zeynepa
Turkey
Local time: 15:55
English to Turkish
+ ...
Nov 28, 2013

Hi,
I'm using Wordfast 2 and I need to find a setting that would "perform TM lookup automatically". I think that this setting is available in Wordfast 6. Is it also available at version 2? If not, is there a work around?

Thanks.

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Finnish to French
Found in Wordfast Pro 3.2 Dec 2, 2013

You will find that setting under Edit > Preferences > Translation Memory in the current version (3.2.2) of Wordfast Pro:

2013-12-02_2204.png

Version 6 pertains to Wordfast Classic, not Wordfast Pro.

There should be no reason whatsoever for you to stick with Wordfast Pro 2.x, which is very old.

zeynepa
Turkey
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 3, 2013

It is not there in version 2 and it was the client's request to go on with version 2. I don't know why. I myself prefer the latest version of most CATs. I had to do the lookup manually. Thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Perform TM Lookup Automatically" at Wordfast 2

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search