Timothy Rake  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:37
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Dec 3, 2013

It seems random to me, but I've encountered the following problem:

I've translated using WordFast Pro 3.2.2 a 10,000+ WORD document that has embedded graphics and other graphic elements, which imported seamlessly into WordFast, despite the fact I got the following ERROR MESSAGE when opening:

An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
java.lang.NullPointerException

I have no idea either how to deal with this error message, nor whether it is the problem causing the following "output problem," so to continue....

Translation memory works fine, translation is completed, but when I click the WORD icon to output the final document, it outputs in a table format (in numbered segments) rather than in the usual flowing paragraph format that matches the original document. This scenario is going to require a tedious copy/paste of some 650 segments into the original document unless I can find out how to solve this dilemma. Anybody have suggestions/solutions?

Thanks,
Timothy

John Daniel
Local time: 11:37
File > Save Translated File Dec 3, 2013

To get the target file from WFP, open TXML file in editor and do File > Save Translated File to get the target file saved in selected location.

Timothy Rake  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:37
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
a little more clarity? Dec 3, 2013

Thanks, that worked!

Timothy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast output to WORD displays as table not text

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search