Carolyn Brice  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 09:19
French to English
+ ...
Dec 12, 2013

Hi,

I am having the following problem:

Whenever I come accross the symbol "®" in a text, Wordfast just freezes! I am currently working on a ttx file, but I seem to remember it does this irrespective of the file type. I am using version 3.2.0.

Has anyone come accross this and how did you resolve it?

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:19
Finnish to French
No problem with WFP 3.2.2 Dec 12, 2013

I just opened a sample Word document that contains the © symbol in Wordfast Pro 3.2.2 and no freezing occurred. The only issue I noticed was that Auto-Suggest offered the preceding word without the © symbol, although there was no space between the word and the symbol. It would have make sense to treat the entire string (word + ©) as a single word.

The first thing I'd do is upgrade to the current version (3.2.0 -> 3.2.2) and see if it makes any difference.

John Daniel
Local time: 15:19
Upgrade to 3.2.2 Dec 12, 2013

Hi Carolyn,

Freezing issue was common in 3.2.0, upgrading should resolve it. If for some reason you can't now there is a workaround in 3.2 which is to disable Highlight terms in editor with box.

To do this go to Edit > Preferences > Terminology > and disable the last check box 'Highlight terms in editor with box'

Hope this helps,

John

Carolyn Brice  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 09:19
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Dec 12, 2013

Hi,

Thanks for your responses, I upgraded to 3.2.2 and it now seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast freezing every time ® symbol is in a segment

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search