Carolyn Brice  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 13:54
French to English
+ ...
Dec 12, 2013

Hi,

I am having the following problem:

Whenever I come accross the symbol "®" in a text, Wordfast just freezes! I am currently working on a ttx file, but I seem to remember it does this irrespective of the file type. I am using version 3.2.0.

Has anyone come accross this and how did you resolve it?

Thanks!

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:54
Finnish to French
No problem with WFP 3.2.2 Dec 12, 2013

I just opened a sample Word document that contains the © symbol in Wordfast Pro 3.2.2 and no freezing occurred. The only issue I noticed was that Auto-Suggest offered the preceding word without the © symbol, although there was no space between the word and the symbol. It would have make sense to treat the entire string (word + ©) as a single word.

The first thing I'd do is upgrade to the current version (3.2.0 -> 3.2.2) and see if it makes any difference.

John Daniel
Local time: 19:54
Upgrade to 3.2.2 Dec 12, 2013

Hi Carolyn,

Freezing issue was common in 3.2.0, upgrading should resolve it. If for some reason you can't now there is a workaround in 3.2 which is to disable Highlight terms in editor with box.

To do this go to Edit > Preferences > Terminology > and disable the last check box 'Highlight terms in editor with box'

Hope this helps,

John

Carolyn Brice  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 13:54
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Dec 12, 2013

Hi,

Thanks for your responses, I upgraded to 3.2.2 and it now seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast freezing every time ® symbol is in a segment

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search