Just installed Windows 8.1, now Wordfast Pro is in Demo mode and does not recognize my license
Thread poster: eccotraduttrice
eccotraduttrice
United States
Local time: 21:18
Italian to English
+ ...
Dec 23, 2013

I have re-installed the program and re-installed the license, but to no avail. When I click on License Management, I get a message saying "Unknown or invalid license file," and WF is still in Demo mode. My license is good until 2015, so it should be valid.

Direct link Reply with quote

Kuba Kościelniak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 04:18
Member (2013)
English to Polish
+ ...

Compatibility Mode? Dec 23, 2013

Although I'm not into WordFast, similar incompatibility issue on Win8.1 is known for MemoQ - maybe just try this:

Right click on the WordFast shortcut, choose Properties and navigate to "Compatibility", on the tab select "Windows 8" under "Compatibility Mode" and click OK.

HTH!

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 04:18
English to Arabic
Use the new install number of the new machine or operating system to license Wordfast Pro Dec 23, 2013

chiarabrown wrote:

I have re-installed the program and re-installed the license, but to no avail. When I click on License Management, I get a message saying "Unknown or invalid license file," and WF is still in Demo mode. My license is good until 2015, so it should be valid.

Could you please use the new install number of the new operating system to get a new *.lic file to license Wordfast Pro; the old *.lic file will not work.

You can download the latest version of Wordfast Pro at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

You can watch this small video, describing Wordfast Pro licensing steps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdwk3OXrKSA

To license your Wordfast Pro, please follow these instructions:

- Open Wordfast Pro and go to "Help" menu > "License Management".
- Copy the INSTALL NUMBER *currently* shown in "Help" menu > "License Management", not any old one.
- Log-in (wordfast.net > support > login) with your login email and password.
- Click on 'License an application' in order to obtain a license file for your new install number.
- Paste the Install No. In the textbox labeled "Your Wordfast Professional install number:".
- You should receive the license file by email, or you can right-click the link appearing on the confirmation page, and "Save target as". Save the .lic file into as safe location.

- Open Wordfast Pro and go to Help > License Management.
- Click on "License Manager".
- Select "(Re-)Install a license Certificate".
- Click "Next".
- click "Browse".
- Locate the .lic file.
- Click "Open".
- Click "Next", "Next", and "Finish".
- Restart Wordfast Pro.

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

[Edited at 2013-12-23 19:06 GMT]

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:18
Finnish to French
Different issue as in memoQ Dec 23, 2013

Kuba Kościelniak wrote:
Although I'm not into WordFast, similar incompatibility issue on Win8.1 is known for MemoQ - maybe just try this:

Right click on the WordFast shortcut, choose Properties and navigate to "Compatibility", on the tab select "Windows 8" under "Compatibility Mode" and click OK.
HTH!

Most likely the problem with Wordfast Pro is different: when Chiara upgraded Windows from 8.0 to 8.1, her Wordfast Pro install number changed (just as it would have changed if she had installed it onto a new computer). She therefore needs to apply for a new license file (.lic), as Yasmin already explained. The procedure is explained here (same instructions as given by Yasmin):

http://www.wordfast.net/wiki/How_to_license_Wordfast_Pro

eccotraduttrice
United States
Local time: 21:18
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That did it, thanks Yasmin! Dec 24, 2013

And thank you Kuba and Dominique for your input, much appreciated!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Just installed Windows 8.1, now Wordfast Pro is in Demo mode and does not recognize my license

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search