Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:12
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Jan 9, 2014

Hello everyone

I just installed the latest version of WFC. How can I get rid of the grey text that says "To see other matches: Alt+Right/Left, or enable AS, or enable the TM companion" all the time?

Thanks
Samuel

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:12
Finnish to French
Enable AS for TM only Jan 10, 2014

The following settings will cause the grey text not to be displayed:

I assume you are allergic to AutoSuggest, which is why I left all other options unticked, except Segments from Translation Memory.

I don't think it's possible to prevent the grey text from being displayed. Just ignore it if you find it useless.

Yngve Roennike  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:12
Swedish to English
+ ...
Macro interference Apr 26, 2014

But this message does interfere with my macros for formatting and navigating the source and target segments, I think.
So can it be removed in subsequent versions, please.

[Edited at 2014-04-26 14:10 GMT]

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:12
Finnish to French
Which message? Apr 26, 2014

Yngve Roennike wrote:
But this message does interfere with my macros for formatting and navigating the source and target segments, I think.

Which message? The one mentioned by Samuel? Does that mean you have disabled AS?
Yngve Roennike wrote:
So can it be removed in subsequent versions, please.

This is not really the best place to request changes in the software.

Yngve Roennike  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:12
Swedish to English
+ ...
Clarification Apr 27, 2014

I am referring to the Alt+Right/Left, etc. message that is now curiously inserted between the Source and Target segments with the new version. Seems like a redundant space hogging message just for the heck of it.

The cursor movement using the up arrow key for example becomes literally wobbly, it stalls, and you have to sort of convince the cursor that it must now move up. This makes unstable the macro for formatting both the source and target segment in a certain way, e.g., increasing spacing to 1.5 from a mere 1, which squishes together everything in my eyes. Mostly it fails to increase spacing in the source segment, and does so only in the target.

There are features of AS that you still would like to have, so deactivating it seems impractical.

In thought you, Dominique, had an inside handle on the development of WordFast, but I seem to be mistaken in that assumption, so I apologize.

I have no conduit to the aforesaid developers. Hopefully they do monitor posts of relevance to their software. I sure hope so

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

To see other matches: Alt+Right/Left, or enable AS, or enable the TM companion

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search