Wordfast Pro - marking queries for checking later
Thread poster: Sarah Gregg

Sarah Gregg  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:31
Italian to English
Jan 10, 2014

After many years using Wordfast Classic, I'm just starting using Wordfast Pro (3.2.2) for non-Word translations (in this case, an InDesign file). After a sticky start, I'm beginning to like it. There is though one thing I greatly miss: the possibility of marking a term or a segment I need to come back to later for further research etc. In Word I did this by simply and quickly highlighting it in red, then finding all occurrences either visually, or using the normal "Find" function. So far I've not found any equivalent in Wordfast Pro. The only way seems to be to add a note, but then it is not visible immediately in the translation. I have to remember there is a query there, then look for it in the list of notes. Does anyone know of a more intuitive way to highlight queried text in the translation so it is immediately visible in the translation? Many thanks, Sarah.

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:31
Finnish to French
Confirm/unconfirm Jan 10, 2014

The equivalent in WFP is confirm/unconfirm. It's the orange asterisk icon on the toolbar, or Alt+Enter. When you press it, a little asterisk (white on black background) will be added on top of the little status square for that TU in the Outline pane. It's the equivalent of the yellow post-it note added by F10 in WFC.

[Edited at 2014-01-10 09:22 GMT]

Sarah Gregg  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:31
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 10, 2014

Thanks, I'll try try that straight away.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro - marking queries for checking later

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search