Wordfast Pro - Importing a glossary
Thread poster: baires79
baires79
Local time: 09:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 15, 2014

Importing a Glossary:

In file type we have two options,:Tab-delimited text file and term Base Exchange. Do anyone know when do we have to chose each of these options?

Thanks!

Ines

Direct link Reply with quote

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:34
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
It’s self-explaining Jan 15, 2014

You have to select ‘tab-delimited text’ when the file to import is tab-delimited text and ‘termbase exchange’ when the file is termbase exchange (=TBX). Both options are quite clear and their names are self-explaining.

baires79
Local time: 09:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wordfast Pro importing a glossary Jan 16, 2014

Hi!

Thanks for your answer but it did not answer my question. What I need to know is with which programs such as word, excel, power point, do they work. I know that the first one works with xml files.

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:34
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
I'm afraid… Jan 16, 2014

… you have to re-word your question. I don't understand it. Or wait until someone comes across, who understands.

[Edited at 2014-01-16 17:49 GMT]

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:34
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
text based Jan 18, 2014

baires79 wrote:

Hi!

Thanks for your answer but it did not answer my question. What I need to know is with which programs such as word, excel, power point, do they work. I know that the first one works with xml files.

To import an existing glossary, you need to have a text based file: txt (extension).
You can maintain a glossary in excel if you want (and export it as txt), but you import a txt file into WFP. Standard is tab-delimited. I don't know about the TBX files.

The other file types you mention are not proper glossary file types, not even xml, so I am not sure what you mean with that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro - Importing a glossary

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search