Wordfast Pro - Importing a glossary
Thread poster: baires79

baires79
Local time: 00:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 15, 2014

Importing a Glossary:

In file type we have two options,:Tab-delimited text file and term Base Exchange. Do anyone know when do we have to chose each of these options?

Thanks!

Ines

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:41
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
It’s self-explaining Jan 15, 2014

You have to select ‘tab-delimited text’ when the file to import is tab-delimited text and ‘termbase exchange’ when the file is termbase exchange (=TBX). Both options are quite clear and their names are self-explaining.

baires79
Local time: 00:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wordfast Pro importing a glossary Jan 16, 2014

Hi!

Thanks for your answer but it did not answer my question. What I need to know is with which programs such as word, excel, power point, do they work. I know that the first one works with xml files.

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:41
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
I'm afraid… Jan 16, 2014

… you have to re-word your question. I don't understand it. Or wait until someone comes across, who understands.

[Edited at 2014-01-16 17:49 GMT]

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:41
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
text based Jan 18, 2014

baires79 wrote:

Hi!

Thanks for your answer but it did not answer my question. What I need to know is with which programs such as word, excel, power point, do they work. I know that the first one works with xml files.

To import an existing glossary, you need to have a text based file: txt (extension).
You can maintain a glossary in excel if you want (and export it as txt), but you import a txt file into WFP. Standard is tab-delimited. I don't know about the TBX files.

The other file types you mention are not proper glossary file types, not even xml, so I am not sure what you mean with that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro - Importing a glossary

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search