tmx into txt
Thread poster: Argentine Translator

Argentine Translator
Argentina
Local time: 14:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 15, 2014

How can I convert a TMX file into a txt file? Thanks and regards, AT

 

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:59
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
What for? Jan 15, 2014

What for? If you need to use it for translation in Wordfast, just import it, see the manual. Or use Okapi Olifant for conversion.

 

Fernando Guimaraes  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 18:59
German to Portuguese
+ ...
I use Jan 15, 2014

use ApSic Xbench

 

Argentine Translator
Argentina
Local time: 14:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cannot find it in the manual Jan 15, 2014

esperantisto wrote:

What for? If you need to use it for translation in Wordfast, just import it, see the manual. Or use Okapi Olifant for conversion.


Thank you for your reply. I need the TMX memory to use it in Wordfast Pro 3.2.2. I cannot find the instructions in the manual. Can you tell me how to do it? Regards, AT

[Editado a las 2014-01-16 05:09 GMT]


 

Argentine Translator
Argentina
Local time: 14:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Where can I download ApSic Xbench? Jan 15, 2014

Fernando Guimaraes wrote:

use ApSic Xbench


Thank you, Guimaraes. Where do I find the program? Regards, AT


 

John Daniel
Local time: 11:59
Add TM option from TM List Jan 15, 2014

Go to Preferences > Translation Memory > TM List and select Add TM, On the Local TM tab select Browse and on the bottom right of open file dialog select 'Translation Memory eXchange' then you will see the TMX file in the dialog.

Select the file and select the right Source and Target language. Click OK to close the Add TM dialog and Apply OK to close preferences.

Hope this helped you in adding TMX TM to WFP. Once TMX is added WFP converts the TMX file to local text file which will be created in the same folder as TMX file.

Argentine Translator wrote:

esperantisto wrote:

What for? If you need to use it for translation in Wordfast, just import it, see the manual. Or use Okapi Olifant for conversion.


Thank you for your reply. I need the TMX memory to use it in Wordfast Pro 3.2.2. I cannot find the instructions in the manual. Can you tell me how to it? Regards, AT


 

Argentine Translator
Argentina
Local time: 14:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Language code ES EM is missing Jan 16, 2014

Thank you jsingaram. I followed all your instructions. I received this message:
TMX imported finished
Total TMX TUs: 8297
Total imported: 0
Languages codes in TMX: ES-EM EN US
But I do not see the ES-EM code in the list of languages. What does it stand for?
What should I do?
Regards, AT


 

Enote  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:59
Member (2007)
English to Russian
ES-EM Jan 16, 2014

I don't know what kind of ES it is, but it doesn't matter.
You can make backup copy of TMX, then open TMX in Notepad or other editor and replace all ES-EM by ES (for example). It can help.
Xbench is very good tool.
ApSIC - http://www.apsic.com/en/products_overview.html
But Xbench is no longer free now. Maybe you can find free pre 3.0 version


 

Argentine Translator
Argentina
Local time: 14:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jan 16, 2014

Enote wrote:

I don't know what kind of ES it is, but it doesn't matter.
You can make backup copy of TMX, then open TMX in Notepad or other editor and replace all ES-EM by ES (for example). It can help.
Xbench is very good tool.
ApSIC - http://www.apsic.com/en/products_overview.html
But Xbench is no longer free now. Maybe you can find free pre 3.0 version


Thank you, Enote for your help. Very good suggestions. Rgds, AT


 

Oscar Martin
Spain
Local time: 19:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
Xbench 2.9 is free Mar 17, 2014

Hi,

ApSIC published some time ago Xbench 3.0 which is not free but can be used for 30 days as a trial. In addition, old Xbench 2.9 is free. It can be found at http://www.xbench.net/download/Setup.Xbench.2.9.474.zip.

Regards,

Oscar


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

tmx into txt

Advanced search


Translation news related to Wordfast





SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search