Cannot find my API key- Google Translate for WF Pro
Thread poster: Argentine Translator

Argentine Translator
Argentina
Local time: 20:06
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 16, 2014

I am trying to activate Google Translate in Wordfast 3.2.2. I saw the video "How to obtain a Google Translate API v2 key", by Dominique Pivard. Unfortunately, the video refers to the old version of Google Cloud Console. I managed to activate the Translation API and entered my billing details. But when I click the API access tab, I do not see my API key. What should I do to obtain one?
Thanks as always for your help, AT

Direct link Reply with quote

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:06
Finnish to French
API & auth > Credentials Jan 16, 2014

Go to your Console, then select API & auth > Credentials. You should see your existing key, and be able to regenerate a new key if needed:

Argentine Translator
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Dominique Jan 16, 2014

It is working! Thank you for your clear explanations. Very useful. Best regards, AT

Argentine Translator
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MT does not work automatically Jan 17, 2014

To see Google translations I have to click on the MT button on the toolbar, each time I change to a new segment. What should I do so that it works automatically? Regards, At

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:06
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
How do you move through segments? Jan 18, 2014

When you move through segments by using commit & move to next segment, WFP should automatically fill that segment with a google translation if the API has been activated.

In WFP settings, you should have enabled google translate, and select the proper settings for machine translation.

If you just click in a target segment, WFP will not automatically use machine translation. You will have to use the "next segment" button or keyboard shortcut, either of those, if I am correct.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot find my API key- Google Translate for WF Pro

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search